Now that school has started your schedule is back to being jammed full. Between work, activities and a personal life – your calendar is filled. In The Bag Cleaners wanted to provide a few quick recipes for you to knock out in less than a half of an hour.
Remember, we are here to save you time and money. If you are too pressed for time, please let us handle all of your cleaning.
All of these recipes were brought to you from Moms Who Think. Be sure to check out their entire website.
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 (8 ounce) package elbow macaroni
2 ½ cups chicken broth
1 cup chopped zucchini
½ cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 can (14½ ounce) Italian stewed tomatoes
½ cup mild cheddar cheese
1. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium-high heat until no longer pink.
2. Add the macaroni, broth, zucchini, onion and oregano to the chicken in the skillet.
3. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 7 to 8 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir in tomatoes and cheddar cheese.
5. Cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through. Makes 6 servings.
¼ pound mushrooms
2 stalks celery
1 medium onion
2 cloves garlic
1 pound lean ground beef
2/3 cup fine plain bread crumbs
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
2 Tablespoons butter
1 cup beef broth
2 Tablespoons tomato paste
Hot cooked egg noodles with butter
1. Preheat the broiler. Line a broiler pan with foil. Cook egg noodles according to package directions.
2. Coarsely chop the mushrooms, celery, onion, and garlic.
3. Combine half the chopped vegetables with the ground beef, 1/3 cup of the breadcrumbs, the salt and pepper.
4. Form the mixture into patties, a scant ½ inch thick.
5. Place the patties on the broiler pan and broil 4 inches from heat for 5 minutes. Turn over and broil for 7 minutes longer, or until browned on top.
6. While patties are cooking, melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
7. Add the reserved chopped vegetables to the skillet and sauté until the onion is slightly softened, about 2 minutes.
8. Stir in the beef broth, tomato paste and remaining 1/3 cup breadcrumbs.
9. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low and cover and simmer for about 5 minutes.
10. Spoon sauce over Salisbury steaks before serving. Serve steaks with buttered egg noodles. Makes 4 servings.
1 (15 ounce) can of salmon, cleaned and 2 Tablespoons juice reserved
1/3 cup celery, minced
½ cup flour
1½ teaspoon baking powder
2 Tablespoons oil
1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine salmon, egg and celery until mixed thoroughly.
2. Stir in flour.
3. In a small mixing bowl, combine baking powder and reserved juice; stir into salmon mixture and form 6 patties.
4. In a large skillet, fry patties and oil for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until golden brown. Serve with steamed and buttered corn on the cob or broccoli. Makes 6 servings.